Request for Proposal
Better Work is a partnership between the United Nation’s International Labour Organization (ILO) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group. Better Work is a comprehensive program bringing together all levels of the global garment industry to improve working conditions and respect labour rights for workers while boosting the competitiveness of apparel businesses.
COVID-19 has drastically changed the way in which learning can take place, expediting the need to digitize learning content to reach workers and managers virtually. During these unprecedented times, Better Work cannot conduct its in-person training as usual and many factories and suppliers won’t be able to attend in-person sessions. Better Work seeks to design a blended learning model, which combines facilitated sessions with digitalized elements of our training materials in shorter micro learnings, videos, and quiz format.
We are seeking a partner to help us develop the blended learning model and to digitize selected content from Better Work training materials, creating a series of digital trainings (composed of animated videos, gamified material and quizzes or other means). Initial digital training content will be developed in English with images that can fit any cultural setting (as we have the intention of adapting it afterwards to at many different countries; Bangladesh, Cambodia, Haiti, Jordan, Indonesia, Egypt, Pakistan, India, China, Philippines, Japan, Myanmar, Guatemala, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Thailand, South Korea, Portugal, Turkey)
Who are the end-users?
Garment factory managers and factory workers
Where and how are these training delivered?
The digital material will be loaded on tablets or used over a mobile phone or computer when the internet is available. The content should be functional with no internet/data connection.
The content from these digital training should be easily shareable on social media (such as Facebook), media platforms (YouTube) and communication channels (WhatsApp, WeChat). Please see the country list above to ensure the content can be accessible in all target countries.
Monitoring and Evaluation
While these digital training modules will be available offline, we are looking at having a back-end platform that retrieves data from user’s experience and stored offline. This is needed for our M&E purposes.
Training courses from the toolbox have been identified
- How to use a tablet/the digital training
- How to disseminate/share information
- Workplace Communication
- Workplace Cooperation Committees
- Grievance Mechanisms
- Problem Solving
- Negotiation skills
- Supervisory Skills Training
In partnership with Better Work design, a blended learning model that can effectively combine facilitator-led sessions, with self-led digitalized modules.
In partnership with Better Work transform content into digital material (composed of videos, gamified material and quizzes) using a combination of training materials that are pulled from the Better Work training materials.
Review and finalize digital training modules on the chosen platform and deliver digitalized content in a format that can be featured on other platforms/channels (eg. YouTube, Facebook, Whatsapp, WeChat, etc.)
- Between 4-8 training courses (see tentative list above), with 2-3 learning modules for each course, would each need a microlearning. Total approximately 12-24 ( 2 to 3 minutes) micro learnings and gamified content (scenario-based)/quizzes.
- Desktop & mobile-friendly platform with open access, or standard login
- Animated videos to be featured on YouTube, Facebook, Whatsapp, WeChat etc.)
- Initial content delivered in English, subsequent translated versions to follow
- Blended learning model design
- Adaptation plan including timeline and milestones
- Adapted content for technology
- Final technology tool ready
- Up to 24 modules ready
- Digitalized materials that can be downloaded or used on different media platforms and used for low-literacy environment
- Regular updates and tracking of progress and timelines
Following contracting, Better Work is looking at finalizing this work within 3 months.
In addition to a brief proposal on the design/tool/product, the following are expected:
- Overview of how we might work together
- Budget, including cost per module
- Specific cost estimate per language. Note that this is not part of the scope of work covered by this RFP and would come later as a Phase 4. Nevertheless, it is useful for the Tech partner to consider this future adaptation/localization process from the start to ensure the platform/format chosen is adapted.
- Specifically, outline how the digitalized methodologies will support the engagement of workers with low literacy and low tech literacy levels
- Sample of digital content that showcases the projects you have already undertaken and what visual images/content you envision for this project
Please submit proposals to Onpreeya Chitpakdee ([email protected]). Kindly submit your proposal within 10 working days of receiving this RFP.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com